As a liquid foundation girl, I have probably tried most of them in the industry at least once. However, out of the ones I’ve tried, I think the only company I’ve bought different foundation from is Urban Decay. Granted, the first Urban Decay foundation I bought was in the wrong color, so now I usually mix it with another foundation to color match. But I liked the consistency and coverage so much that I kept it in my daily collection. Here is my review on my two favorite Urban Decay foundations!
Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
What a mouthful of a product name, sheesh. Anyways, the UD Naked Skin liquid foundation happens to be the foundation I bought in the wrong color. I would be around a 3, but I got a 2 instead. So yeah, a tad lighter than what I want on my face. (I don’t know why I didn’t exchange it at the time…) Either way, I liked it enough to keep it and mix it with the darker foundations I had.
- Light-Med coverage
- Buildable when I want extra coverage
- Very lightweight! It really does feel like wearing nothing.
- Lasts several hours, at least while I’m in the office.
- When my skin is particularly dry, it seems to accentuate it. So it’s probably not the best choice during the winter unless you have a glorious moisturizer. (If you have that moisturizer, let me know!)
$40 at Sephora
All Nighter Liquid Foundation
When I heard Urban Decay was releasing the high coverage All Nighter foundation, I was extremely excited! I needed something with super high coverage that would last me all night, as they claimed. So when it finally came out, I snatched it right up. As you can tell in the picture, I used up half already!
- SUPER high coverage. Any redness or pimples or bumps, all hidden immediately.
- Feels great on the skin. Not that heavy and barely noticeable.
- Awesome packaging 🙂 You can see that you’re getting all the product and not having them left over on the sides of the bottle.
- Does NOT last “all night.” If anything, the high coverage lasts a few hours, then it starts to fade. I can probably guarantee 3-4 hours of flawless skin, but after that… You might want to check the mirror. That being said, it’s not that the foundation can’t last longer, it just might have separated from your skin in some areas.
- The color oxidizes. What comes out from the bottle is not what is going to be on your face after 20 mins. You need to blend it out extremely well or get a shade lighter than you think.
$40 at Sephora
If I were to choose between the two, I would probably go for the Naked Skin foundation over the All Nighter. I feel that if a company were to claim “all night” coverage, then it should last more than 4 hours. That being said, I would choose the All Nighter if I wanted a high coverage foundation. It did amazing with my skin imperfections at the first go. But for an overall general foundation, I would go with the Naked Skin and build up the coverage I needed.
Luckily for me, I have both Urban Decay foundations, so lately, I’ve been mixing the two. I’m getting the best of both worlds! But once I run out, I will probably get the Naked Skin foundation (in my proper color, of course).
And let me know your thoughts are on these foundations if you’ve tried them!